To maintain our excellent Catholic Education system at St Joseph’s Primary School, school fees are an unavoidable necessity. The Government subsidies which apply to your child/children are applied to providing the teaching establishment in our school as well as specialist services. Building costs and the day to day running costs of our school are the responsibility of the Parish.
The bulk of this must be met from school fees.
With the benefit of long experience, a benchmark fee has been established that is reasonable and relative to a normal household. This fee is adjusted annually to meet increasing costs and extraordinary items such as information technology, higher insurance premiums, new curricula etc.
Tuition Fees – Secretarial, cleaner’s and groundsman’s salaries (full award wages), insurance (very considerable for a school), electricity, Council rates and charges, telephone, paper, printing, photo-copying materials, cleaning materials, stationery and office supplies, furniture, fittings, appliances, educational requisites and resources, text books, teaching aids, postage, maintenance and repairs of fittings, freight and subscriptions.
Resource Fees – Basically these cover items which are directly for the use of the children in the classroom e.g. paper, exercise books, workbooks, art supplies, some text books, crayons, pastels, tape, paint, cardboard, craft materials, paintbrushes, clay, graph paper and digital devices.
Grounds & Maintenance – This fee makes is towards funding of: the serving of school loans, capital purchases within the school, depreciation on school equipment, school maintenance, the use of parish buildings, insurance, depreciation on maintenance equipment.
An account will be sent out during Terms 1, 2 and 3 and will have a due date included. Installment plans are available and if any parent has difficulty with payments please discuss the matter with the Principal. Any amount may be paid at any time.
Payment options available include: cash, cheque, direct debit and internet banking.
This may be paid:
- Annually in advance;
- Term 1, 2, 3 and 4 instalments;
- Direct debit – weekly, fortnightly, monthly, per term, annual in advance;
- Internet banking – weekly, fortnightly, monthly, per term, annual in advance.
N.B. The School Budget is formulated in October/November each year. As a result Tuition Fees, Grounds & Maintenance and/or Resource Fees may be subject to a slight increase based on these budgetary figures and recommendations from the Parish Finance Committee.
2020 FEE STRUCTURE
|Child||Tuition per Term||Resource Annual||Family Annual||Total Year|
FAMILY ENROLMENT FEE
There is a one-off charge of $120 levied on all families at the time of enrolment application.
1. All families are expected to pay the full prescribed fee as determined by the Parish Finance Committee.
2. No Catholic child will be deprived of a Catholic Education at our school solely due to genuine financial difficulties.
3. If your family is experiencing difficulties or there are extra-ordinary circumstances which are affecting your capacity to pay fees, PLEASE make an appointment to speak with the Principal.
4. In the case of difficulties, our policy is that we expect all families to contribute something. The Principal will discuss with genuine cases a reduction in fees that is realistic and fair. In so doing you are assured of the strictest confidence.
5. Cases of School Fee Reduction are reviewed annually.
6. It is preferable to use our Direct Debit Payment system.